詳細

越野尾神楽(こしのおかぐら) KoshinooKagura

15分版 15min

2時間版 2hrs

【越野尾神楽】
  一ツ瀬川の中程に架かる米良稲荷橋(めらいなりばし)。その赤い橋の袂から山道を登ると、児原稲荷神社(こばるいなりじんじゃ)の朱塗りの鳥居が現れる。神社創建の年代は不詳であるが、鎮座の日を養老二年(719)と伝わる。江戸期には米良五社の一つとして領主米良氏の崇敬を受け、例祭の際には領主の直参、代参があったという。社殿正面の装飾は、天明(てんめい)五年(1785)の社殿修復の際に作られたものであり、木彫りの龍が参拝者を迎える。
  越野尾神楽は、西米良村の児原稲荷神社の例大祭祭典にて11月最後の週に執行されている。本番の2カ月前の夕刻に児原稲荷神社にて「神道始め(しんとうはじめ)」という神楽始めの祭が執り行われる。氏子総代、神楽保存会会員が集い、練習始めを報告し、受持つ神楽が忠実に習得成るよう祈願し、祭典後は社殿で式一番「清山(きよやま)」が舞われる。越野尾神楽は銀鏡(しろみ)で門外不出とされていたものを、八重(はえ)の住人弥吉(やきち)が禁を破って持ち帰り、伝承したと云われている。昭和初期に二軒橋で鍛冶屋を営んでいた濱砂徳次郎(はますなとくじろう)が、児原稲荷神社の祭典に楽を入れる事を提案し、八重に師事する運びとなった。楽だけでは物足りないと、昭和6年に神楽も習い、現在の越野尾神楽の形となっている。
  第二次世界大戦が激化した昭和17年頃、舞手の減少により神楽はやむなく中止となったが、その間の例祭には、八重の祝子を招き夜神楽を行ったこともあるという。昭和41年氏子による神楽保存会が発足、若者も多く参加し、17、8名で神楽が再開された。現在は20名程度で執り行われている。平成29年度の國學院大学での神楽公演など、精力的に伝承活動を行っている。

【Koshinoo-Kagura】
Climb the mountain road from the foot of the red Mera Inari Bridge in the middle of Hitotsuse River, and the crimson torii gate of Kobaru Inari Shrine appears. It is not clear when the shrine was first built, but locals say enshrinement dates to 719 AD. During the Edo Period, as one of the five major shrines in Mera, Kobaru Inari Shrine was appreciated by Lord Mera. During festivals, Lord attended the shrine either himself or by proxy. A dragon, carved out of wood, welcomes visitors at the front of the main shrine hall. The decoration was made during a renovation in 1785.
Climb the mountain road from the foot of the red Mera Inari Bridge in the middle of Hitotsuse River, and the crimson torii gate of Kobaru Inari Shrine appears. It is not clear when the shrine was first built, but locals say enshrinement dates to 719 AD. During the Edo Period, as one of the five major shrines in Mera, Kobaru Inari Shrine was appreciated by Lord Mera. During festivals, Lord attended the shrine either himself or by proxy. A dragon, carved out of wood, welcomes visitors at the front of the main shrine hall. The decoration was made during a renovation in 1785.
Climb the mountain road from the foot of the red Mera Inari Bridge in the middle of Hitotsuse River, and the crimson torii gate of Kobaru Inari Shrine appears. It is not clear when the shrine was first built, but locals say enshrinement dates to 719 AD. During the Edo Period, as one of the five major shrines in Mera, Kobaru Inari Shrine was appreciated by Lord Mera. During festivals, Lord attended the shrine either himself or by proxy. A dragon, carved out of wood, welcomes visitors at the front of the main shrine hall. The decoration was made during a renovation in 1785.